Glenlyon Make it, Bake it, Grow it Market

I haven't been crafting much lately, but today I had my second outing at the sweet country Glenlyon monthly market. It's five doors down from my new house which appeals greatly to me and my new found devotion to the slow living movement. I just stroll down there with my goods in wheelbarrow- it's all very relaxed and friendly.


I had such a fun day chatting to gorgeous people, making new friends and selling some stuff to boot. Even my last doll Miss Scarlet found herself a new home. I really need to do some sewing before the next one!

I found myself a gorgeous 100 year old table to put my old singer sewing machine on up in my new studio (which is almost unpacked and ready to be photographed). I'm currently munching on the best pastie I have ever eaten and we are having home made pasta with pesto made from fresh locally grown basil for dinner. This is the life I tell ya!


Also, my lovely neighbour was Nikki who has a peony farm just up the road in Spring Hill. She was selling her stunning flowers which are ready for the picking and admiring for just a few short weeks. They are so delicate and smell absolutely divine. They look fabulous on my kitchen table!

If anyone fancies a Sunday drive in the country (and you live in Melbourne!) they are having an open farm and you can cut your own Peonies. Its just off the Springhill Rd, just past Tylden.

Paul Bangay is also having an open garden at his Denver house- it's supported by and raising money for Stephanie Alexanders kitchen garden foundation. The details can be found here.
That's where I will be tomorrow, will post some photos then! :)

Comments

  1. hi lovely,

    country life seems to suit you so well! just had to comment on the beautiful peony roses, they are my new favourite flowers ~ so delicate and beautiful with all their layers. I bought myself a bunch the other day, and was devastated that they died within a few days, before they had even opened fully.. :(

    anyway, that's my story ~ much love to you and your fam! as soon as i have a free day I would love to come visit.

    *hugs*
    ~libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love peony's too, they are very special and my favourite flowers after roses and orchids. The market sounds fun and your stall looks great my dear. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts