My creative space... (handmade wedding ring)




So, I went back to my old studio and made Adams wedding ring. I was having so much fun making it that I didn't take many photos, but here it is before I added the gold band. The gold band is made from Adam's parents wedding rings which were melted down and shared amongst the three brothers. So it's a bit special. The silver is recycled from past projects. 

I rolled the silver out to the right size, beat it to add texture and soldered it round. Then I did the same with the gold, making it just big enough to slip over the top when I heated it. I soldered the gold onto the silver, then continued to beat it the right size. 


Pickled it (acid bath cleaner), polished it and scrubbed it and voila!


I'm really happy with how it turned out, and how long it took me (only 5 hours). Adam absolutely loves it and said it's exactly what he wanted. And it didn't cost us (or the planet) anything :)

Check out many more super creative peeps here...

Comments

  1. What a beautiful and meaningful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej
    What an awesome wedding ring.
    I love the idea...and soo sentimental...I had tears in my ears reading it!
    You are v.clever.
    It's beautiful just like the love you have for one another ;-)
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so special that you were able to actually make your fiancee's wedding ring. It's perfect x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea Tania, how special & unique. And a great story for your kids when they are older. Wonder if they will melt this one? Hope not, it's one of a kind xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tania,
    I found your blog via Sarah Elizabeth and I'm your newest follower! I will be back soon to read more of your older posts.
    Have a good day,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts